Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
When you’re learning about a vegan diet and how to get all the right amounts of nutrients to stay healthy, taking a multivitamin can give you some assurance that you’re not going to develop any deficiencies on the diet. Gummy vitamins for vegans are a tasty way to boost your vitamin and mineral intake.
When people come to me asking for advice about turning to a vegetarian or vegan diet, I tell them to clean up their diet by removing certain foods. The problem with this is that you also remove many vitamins and minerals which are present in large amounts in animal-based products, but low amounts in a vegan diet. So you gotta make up for what you’ve lost somehow, and a multivitamin is a simple and easy way to do that.
More recently, gummies have become a super popular way of getting your vitamins each day. They come in a variety of different flavors, are quick to take, and did I say tasty, already?
Gummies are not just for kids either, there are gummy vitamins specifically designed for adults to take on a daily basis. As an adult, you need more nutrients, but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a fun and tasty way to take a multivitamin, right? 🙂
If you don’t have time to read everything here, I’ve listed just below 4 vegan gummies that I recommend you check out!
- Garden of Life – Men’s gummy multivitamins – Provides everything a young man needs to remain healthy on a vegan diet.
- Garden of Life – Women’s gummy multivitamins – And for the ladies, garden of life have formulated a unique multi that helps support women’s health as well as provide all the vitamins you need to be healthy!
- B12 and D3 gummies – This is a complementary supplement to the above multi’s, you can take it or leave it, but it will boost your D3 and B12 intake which can be very low for vegans.
- Adult Mega multivitamin gummies – If you’re on a tight budget but want something to boost your vitamin intake to prevent deficiencies then this is a decent choice. My only gripe is that it contains vitamin D2 instead of vitamin D3.
Best multivitamin gummies for vegans & buyer’s guide
In 2018 we’re spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing multivitamins, but how do you know which is the best one to take?
I look at several things when I decide on which vegan supplements I take.
- Do they provide the best forms of vitamins and minerals for maximum absorption and assimilation
- Do they use ingredients which are derived completely from vegan and ethical sources
- Do they contain large amounts of sugar, artificial sweeteners or preservatives that you can’t even pronounce
- Are they good value for what you get
- Personal preferences like which flavors are available
I think most vegans would agree with me that those things are quite important when looking for a high-quality multivitamin.
Below are a few great gummies which are made with natural and organic ingredients for both vegetarians and vegans!
#1 Garden of Life – MyKind Men’s Gummy Multivitamins (Berry)
The vitamins are made up of 9 whole organic fruits, with no gelatin, no corn starch or preservatives, and ingredients that sound like they might be from another planet.
The berry gummies provide all the necessary vitamins a vegan needs to stay healthy. And the great thing is that it sources all of its ingredient in ethical ways, including vitamin D.
Garden of Life has become my favorite vegan brand and one that I highly recommend to other vegans. Their products are clean, organic, vegan, and really tasty! I love them.
The only negative I have about the supplement is that it contains very little zinc, and I think this is important, especially for men on a vegan diet. But that doesn’t really take away too much from the quality in my opinion. It’s easy enough to get zinc elsewhere.
#2 Garden of Life – MyKind Women’s Gummy Multivitamin (Berry)
It contains significantly more folate in the supplement compared to the men’s version of these gummies. And also has a little less vitamin B12, but still more than enough to meet your daily requirement.
These gummies also contain 9 organic whole fruits in each bottle and they are completely unprocessed, organic, natural, and clean.
The women’s multivitamin gummies also contain Organic Pacran whole food Cranberry – this supports bladder health and may help prevent infections in women.
Garden of Life MyKind line of gummies also has a version of this multivitamin supplement for women over 40.
#3 Vegan Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B12 Gummies (complementary supplement)
Vitamin B12 is something that all vegans should take. It’s so important to your health and well-being that you get adequate amounts of B12 from a supplement. Studies have shown that the majority of vegans are very low in B12.
Vitamin D3 is also something many vegans can be very low in, especially in the wintertime. Since the above two multivitamin gummies contain just 800 IU of vitamin D, an extra 1000 IU from this supplement would get you to adequate vitamin D levels.
The gummies come in strawberry flavor and also as a concentrated liquid spray if you prefer that.
Vitamin D3 is sourced from lichens, which is vegan-friendly.
#4 Adult Mega Multivitamin Gummies for Health for men and women (Vegan-Friendly)
It provides a decent amount of vitamins and minerals, however, one of the downsides is that they include vitamin D2 instead of the better D3 form.
That being said, their ingredients are quality tested in labs and the product is created in an ISO and HACCP accredited manufacturing plant. So you know you’re getting what you pay for!
This one is suitable for most people: it is kosher, vegan, all natural, gelatin free and gluten-free for those with allergies to wheat.
They include what you need, and exclude what you don’t need. They have formulated the multivitamin to just simply supplement your diet, not give you an excessive amount of vitamins and minerals which could be harmful to health in the long term.
Reasons why you should take a multivitamin
In today’s world, we can control what we put into our mouth, but it’s difficult to get the same amount of important vitamins in our diet. The soil is depleted of important micronutrients and that means we’re simply not getting what people used to get from their foods.
I’ve personally had difficulty with a few deficiencies in the past when I became vegan, I’ve even talked about these problems a few times here. So I know first hand how important it is to keep on top of things and make sure that you’re always getting an adequate amount of vitamins.
One of the simplest and cheapest ways to ensure you don’t end up deficient is to take a daily multivitamin.
Main benefits of a multivitamin
- Peace of mind that you won’t become deficient in important vitamins like B12
- Help support your body in times of stress, when we can easily become depleted of minerals like zinc and magnesium
- Multivitamin use has been associated with a longer telomere length. These are the caps on the end of chromosomes which gradually wear away as we get older. Long telomeres may mean better health and a longer life span. 
- Some randomized controlled trials have shown that daily use of a multivitamin was associated with a lower risk of cancer 
- Vitamin D supplementation has been shown to help reduce the risk of autoimmune disease, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and many other health conditions in recent studies.
Difficulty getting certain minerals and vitamins from diet
If you find yourself skipping meals, not paying attention to your diet as much, you can easily slip into a deficiency. It often happens slowly and can be difficult to find out the exact cause of the symptoms. Sometimes they require doctor and hospital visits which can be costly.
Below is a list of micronutrients vegans have trouble getting enough of.
- Vitamin B12 (every vegan should supplement without question)
- Vitamin D
- Omega 3
Fortunately, vegan gummies provide most of these to stop you from running into issues on a vegan diet. And what better way to get your vitamins from tasty sweets!